Does your child experience any of the following:
- Mispronounces speech sounds
- Has difficulty understanding what you say
- Uses fewer words or shorter sentences than peers of a similar age
- Mixes up grammatical words in sentences or has word finding difficulties
- Has difficulty with social communication skills
- Has literacy or learning difficulties
- Stutters (repeats words or phrases, elongates sounds or is unable to get the word out)
- Has a husky or hoarse voice quality
Talk & Learn has developed a Branches of Communication Difficulty Checklist to help you identify areas of concern in your child’s communication development.
If you have concerns about your child’s communication, give us a call to make an appointment. You do not need a referral from a doctor to see a Speech Pathologist.